About the Journal
Labuan e-Journal of Muamalat and Society (LJMS) is the first online refereed journal [ISSN: 1985-482X; eISSN: 2672-7390]. Introduced by the Labuan Faculty of International Finance, Universiti Malaysia Sabah, Labuan International Campus. LJMS is a scholarly journal published once a year.
LJMS is concerned with all aspects of the business, economics and society and is intended to provide valuable forum for the exchange of the latest research ideas and practice. As a necessary corollary to this, the journal covers a broad scope of discipline areas, including banking, economics, finance, ICT, Islamic banking, marketing, management, and other related areas.
LJMS hunts for meeting the needs of a wide but sophisticated audience and attracts international readership. All research articles in this journal have undergone rigorous peer review, based on initial editor screening and anonymized refereeing by anonymous referees to ensure that academic integrity is maintained.
Scope of Research & Topics
Labuan e-Journal of Muamalat and Society (LJMS) welcome studies which focus on topical issues and are backed by relevant theoretical perspectives. These provide a key platform through which to advance both theory and practice. LJMS receives an original work from various area of business and economics.
The topics include in the Journal are, but not limited to:
- Islamic banking and finance
- International business
- Islamic accounting
- Banking and investment
- Issues in society
- Marketing and Management
- Foreign direct investment.
Ethics Statement of Editor-in-Chief & Editorial Team, Editorial Board Members, Authors & Reviewers
This is the statement of ethics for Labuan e-journal Muamalat and Society (LJMS) published by Faculty of International Finance (Universiti Malaysia Sabah). This statement was adapted from the principles of the Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE) and covers the code of ethics for the Editor-in-Chief & Editorial Team, Editorial Board Members, Reviewers and Authors.
Duties of Editor-in-Chief & Editorial Team:
- Evaluate manuscripts fairly and solely on their intellectual merit.
- Ensure confidentiality of manuscripts and not disclose any information regarding manuscripts to anyone other than the people involved in the publishing process.
- Has the responsibility to decide when and which articles are to be published.
- Actively seek the views of board members, reviewers and authors on how to improve/increase the image and visibility of the journal.
- Give clear instructions to potential contributors on the submission process and what is expected of the authors.
- Ensure appropriate reviewers are selected/ identified for the reviewing process.
Duties of Editorial Board Members:
- Actively contribute to the development and the greater good of the journal.
- Act as ambassadors for the journal.
- Continuously support and promote the journal.
- Review any work assigned to them.
Duties of Authors:
- Have the responsibility of ensuring only new and original work is submitted.
- Must not reproduce work that has been previously published in other journals.
- Must not submit any articles that are being reviewed or considered by the journal to other journals simultaneously.
- Are only allowed to publish their work elsewhere after receiving a formal rejection from the journal or if their request to withdraw their work is officially accepted by the journal.
- Must inform the Editor-in-Chief or the publisher of any inaccuracy of data in their published work so that correction or retraction of article can be done.
- Should make significant contributions and be held accountable for any shortcoming in their work.
Duties of Reviewers:
- Must disclose any competing interest before agreeing to review a submission.
- Can refuse to review any submission due to a conflict of interest or inadequate knowledge.
- Review all submissions objectively, fairly and professionally.
- Reveal any ethical misconduct encountered while reviewing to the Editor-in-Chief for further action.
- Should ensure the originality of a submission and be alert to any plagiarism and redundant publication.
- Must not discuss the content of the submission without permission.
- Adhere to the time allocated for the review process. Requests for extension to review the submission are at the discretion of the Editor-in-Chief.
Open Access Policy
This journal provides immediate open access to its content on the principle that making research freely available to the public supports a greater global exchange of knowledge.