About the Journal
Focus and Scope
The journal main goal is to provide platform for knowledge dissemination on regional development issues in the BIMP-EAGA (Brunei-Indonesia-Malaysia-Philippines East ASEAN Growth Area) region. It provides a forum for researchers in various areas and fields of expertise to publish their research findings, research report, reviews and any outcome related to the BIMP-EAGA regions from academic discourse avenues such as conferences, seminars and workshops especially those organised by BE-UTD. The journal aims to be the leading data bank and point of reference that enrich the publications for the BIMP-EAGA region and published by Borneo Tourism Research Center (BTRC), Faculty of Business, Economics and Accountancy, Universiti Malaysia Sabah.
Open Access Policy
This journal provides immediate open access to its content on the principle that making research freely available to the public supports a greater global exchange of knowledge.
There are no Article Processing Charge (APC) and author fees for publication.
Instructions to Authors
• Submissions should be related to the interdisciplinary approach of regional development especially within the BIMP-EAGA (in the Brunei-Indonesia-Malaysia-Philippines East ASEAN Growth Area) region. Topics in the field of business, marketing, management, environment, information system, economics, law, education, agriculture and entrepreneurship are welcome. Conceptual, theory building, or empirical papers from the above disciplines are accepted.
• All submissions must be original and have not been previously accepted for publication in or be under review at another journal. Contributors infringing any existing copyright law will indemnify the publisher. For ease of dissemination and to ensure proper policing of use, all accepted manuscripts and contributions become the legal copyright of the publisher unless otherwise agreed.
• All submissions will be subjected to double blind review. Based on reviewers’ recommendations, the editor will decide whether the manuscript should be accepted as is, revised or rejected.
• Contributors are encouraged to limit each submission to less than or equal to 20 pages (A-4 paper, Tahoma font 11, single spacing with margins of 1 inch) including the cover page, abstract, text, references, table and figures. Page one should show full name of all authors, affiliation, e-mail address and full international contact details. Authors should not be identified anywhere else in the article. Page two should contain the article title, abstract and the contents. Authors must provide up to six keywords, which encapsulate the principal topics of the article.
• References to other publications must be in Harvard style and authors must carefully check for completeness, accuracy and consistency. All author names and initials and full journal title must be included. You should cite publications in the text: (Pearce, 2009) using the first named author’s name. At the end of the article a reference list in alphabetical order should be supplied.
• Manuscripts should be in English only.
• Manuscript prepared by Microsoft Word should be submitted electronically to hbagul(at)ums.edu.my and cc to borhan.sareya(at)ums.edu.my.
These are the statements of ethics for the BIMP-EAGA Journal of Regional Development adapted from the principles of the Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE) covering the code of ethics for the authors, reviewers, editorial board members, and Editor-in-Chief.
Ensure that only new, original, and unpublished work is submitted.
The work is not a reproduce work that has been previously published in other journals.
The work has not currently been submitted to be reviewed or considered by other journals.
Inform the Editor-in-Chief of any inaccuracy of data in their published work so that correction or retraction of article can be done.
Ensure that the work present significant contributions and be held accountable for any shortcoming in their work.
Must disclose any conflict of interest before agreeing to review a submission.
Can refuse to review any submission due to inadequate of knowledge.
Review all submissions with objectivity, fairness, and professionalism.
Report any ethical misconduct while reviewing a submission to the Editor-in-Chief for further action.
Ensure the originality of a submission of plagiarism and redundant publication.
Must not discuss or disclose the content of a submission.
Complete the review within the time allocated. Requests for extension to review the submission can be granted at the discretion of the Editor-in-Chief.
Contribute actively to the development of the journal.
Act as ambassadors for the journal to continuously support and promote the journal.
Review any work assigned.
Evaluate manuscripts solely based on intellectual merit.
Ensure confidentiality of manuscripts and details on the manuscripts to people involved in the publishing process is based on need to know basis.
Has the responsibility to decide when and which articles are to be published.
Actively seek the views of board members, reviewers and authors on how to improve/increase the image and visibility of the journal.
Give clear instructions to potential contributors on the submission process and what is expected of the authors.
Ensure appropriate reviewers are selected/ identified for the reviewing process.
Authors submit only original work that has not been published or submitted for publication elsewhere. To check for plagiarism, submitted manuscripts with checked with appropriate software will be used by the editorial team. Work from other publications must be appropriately cited or quoted.
Clarity of Reporting
Results must be state clearly, truthfully, and without fabrication, falsification or inappropriate data manipulation.The methodology should be clearly and unambiguously described so that the findings can be repeated and confirmed by other researchers.
Authorship and Collaboration
Name of authors in a manuscript should be limited to those who have made a significant contribution to the work. Others can be acknowledged or listed as contributors. The corresponding author need to ensure that only relevant co-authors are included on the manuscript.