About the Journal
THE ASIAN ACADEMY OF APPLIED BUSINESS (AAAB)
The Asian Academy of Applied Business (AAAB) is a non-profit, academic-oriented organisation established by the School of Business and Economics of Universiti Malaysia Sabah. The formation of the AAAB reflects the School's ambition to expand into the international arena through various academic activities. The AAAB endeavours to achieve its constitutional objectives namely;
(1) to stimulate public interest in the applied business;
(2) to provide a venue for the exchanging of ideas between intellectuals in the area of business and economics from both the public and the private sectors;
(3) to publish a journal of business and other relevant publications with prior permission from the authorities;
( 4) to foster research and discussion on issues pertaining to business, management and economics particularly those affecting Asian countries;
(5) to promote and organise conferences, seminars, forums, dialogues and other activities deemed suitable by the Academy to achieve its objectives;
(6) to collect and raise funds for the purpose of education, science and charity.
Since its inception in 2002, the AAAB has successfully organised "The First International Conference of the Asian Academy of Applied Business 2003" from 10 to 12 July 2003. The conference attracted 123 working papers comprising of various business interests ranging from finance, accounting, organisational studies, economics, quality management, information and communication technology (ICT), entrepreneurship, marketing, international business and tourism. A total of 200 participants attended the conference. During the inaugural conference, the AAAB awarded the "Captain of Industry Award" to YBhg. Tan Sri Datuk Khalid Ibrahim, Chief Executive Officer of Kumpulan Guthrie Bhd. The second international conference of the AAAB is expected to be held on July 2005.
The AAAB currently has a total of 150 ordinary members. The membership privilege includes receiving a copy of the Journal of the Asian Academy of Applied Business (JAAAB) issued bi-annually and a discounted fee for attending any events organised by the AAAB.
Open Access Policy
This journal provides immediate open access to its content on the principle that making research freely available to the public supports a greater global exchange of knowledge.